"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

5 Months Already?!?!

I hit 5 months post-op on Monday the 28th of February and I still can't believe how fast it's gone by! I know I say that every month, but at times it feels like I just had my surgery last week!

Things are going wonderfully...I am down 80lbs. and almost 45inches all over! It feels amazing! I have so much more energy, I feel better about myself, and I feel like I can actually accomplish goals I've wanted to achieve for years. Overcoming my weight issues, which has affected me for all of my adult life, is just not easy. I relied on food for so long to be my constant companion...and now having to NOT rely on it for the same reasons is dang hard. But it has gotten easier as I progress, and get closer to reaching my goal weight. Most days are good, some days aren't. I struggle with my diet at times and with getting my exercise in at times, but life gets busy and stressful and I'm human...no perfection going on over here!lol I just try to make each new day better than the last. No need to feel guilty or stressed about it...if I constantly beat myself up over every little thing I do wrong, I'd be miserable. Been there done that before...and its just not worth it! I feel that overall I am doing my best, and that's what really counts.

Not much else is new...so I will leave you with my 5 month post-op pictures...
Enjoy!!
174lbs.




7 comments:

  1. You look amazing!

    And don't worry....no perfection going on over here either. :)

    Keep up all the hard work, and I know it's hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING!!! Keep it up, like you said we're all human. Just remember you are worth it during the hard times. You are an inspiration to many. Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Seriously! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, so you could tell a big difference in your pics from before, but now you can see a huge difference! Your face is starting to look so thin!!! I can't tell you how inspiring you are! I tell everyone I know, "My friend has lost ___ lbs in ___ months! Can you believe that!!!" I am so proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness you look great!!!!! :) way tooooo gooooooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg you look amazing! I love it! I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang! You look amazing!! (I'm monkeylauralee from the forum btw...I saw your link and thought I'd check it out. Hope you don't mind!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!