"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Monday, March 28, 2011

6 Months!

This past month flew by so dang fast! Sadly I only lost 3lbs. for the month which brings my total weight loss to 83lbs in 6 months....which is still not too shabby if I do say so myself! However I am still losing inches, hurray! I am definitely able to notice inches lost over pounds lost when looking at myself. Total inches lost as of today is
50 1/2!!! I'm down to a size 12 bottoms, and a L top...feels pretty darn good seeing I was a 22 bottom and a 3x top 6 months ago!:)

We had a lot go on this last month which has taken me a little off course with my progress. Kaci broke her foot after she fell off the monkey bars at school at the beginning of the month. Needless to say a lot of our days have been busy with doctor appointments throughout this month. This last week though we were able to drive to CA to visit my family for Kaci's spring break which was such a nice treat (thanks to my parents for making it happen!:)

I'm trying to keep up with a good exercise routine along with following my eating regime, and I just didn't do so well. I got lazy and a bit stressed...which is never a good combo... in the midst of a chaotic month. I didn't gain but I definitely didn't lose as much as I would have liked. But as I look back on this month, I now know what I need to do to make next month even better! It's back to the basics for me...no matter what's going on. I need to make a more concerted effort to make time for exercise, and I need to go back to measuring my food in my little cups. I also need to make sure I get ALL my water intake in....64oz. doesn't seem like much, but dang...it's hard sometimes!lol

As each month goes by I can't believe how much better I feel. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. Overall I am truly grateful I was able to have my surgery done...it's been a huge blessing in my life!

Here's my progress pictures...


171lbs.


3 comments:

  1. okay I am jealous ... you look beautiful!!!! LOOK AT YOU!!!!! Great job!!! :) I need to work on my water intake as well :( I love water but am not good at drinking it or anything for that matter! i too get busy and forget sometimes haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good Alyson! We have good days and bad days, what matters is that you recognize what needs to be done and that you still lost weight. Keep it up you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!