"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Saturday, January 22, 2011

Flourless Bread Recipe

I saw this recipe on the forums on my surgeon's website the other day and couldn't wait to try it. As most of you know, I can't eat carbs...well carbs in the form of bread, rice, pasta, cereal, sweets etc... For dinner last night we were going to be making homemade pizza. I bought the Grands biscuits for Jason and the girls to make their own individual pizza's and decided I would make the flourless bread for myself....boy was it great! It kinda tastes like a pita bread, really lite and airy, but with an egg flavor. I also added in some italian seasoning to it before baking since it was going to be a pizza crust. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be making it again! For toppings we had canadian bacon, mini pepperonis, sliced bell pepper, onion, green chili, olives, spinach leaves and cheese. I actually was able to make 4 mini flourless pizza crusts for myself which works out great for leftovers. Here's the recipe...give it a try, you might just like it!

Flourless Bread
3 eggs
1/8 tsp. cream of tarter
3 Tbs. lite sour cream (or you can use 3oz. of fat free cream cheese or 3 Tbs. of lite cottage cheese or ricotta cheese) just pick one to use...I had lite sour cream on hand so that's what I used.
1/2 tsp. Splenda (which equals about one little packet)
pinch of salt

Separate the egg white from the yolks and beat with cream of tarter till soft peaks form (i did this all in my kitchen aide for about 4 min. or so). Transfer to another bowl. Then beat the sour cream, yolks, splenda and salt for about 2-3 min. Fold in egg whites till the white is gone...be careful to not deflate the egg whites. Add in additional seasoning if desired. Place on a greased cookie sheet in mounds or whatever size you like. Bake at 300 degrees for 20-30min. till toasty brown. Immediately remove and let cool.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome that Jason is eating what you have to eat too! Reforming the whole family one bite at a time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!