"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Friday, January 28, 2011

4 Months Post-Op!

I am amazed how fast the time has flown by since I had my surgery 4 months ago! I've learned so much about myself in these last 4 months, there is not a day that goes by that I regret having gastric bypass. I'm down just a few ounces shy of 70lbs. and I've lost a little over 37inches all over! Earlier this month I went through my closet and donated 3 garbage bags full of clothes that were too big for me...boy did that feel terrific! I've gone from wearing a size 22-24 pants and a 3x top to wearing a size 16 pants and XL-XXL top (depending on the type of top). Mentally for myself its finally setting in that I don't look the same. I think we all tend to see ourselves bigger than what others see at times.

Eating and exercising get easier as time goes on. The main thing I am trying to do with eating and exercising is I am trying to make it fun. I try to cook meals that I know I can have with my family. We are trying to make a better effort to not eat out (we've made it a whole week so far!).We have done a ton better with this since I had my surgery, but there are still times where we'll end up grabbing something because its "fast" and no matter if its something I know I can have or not, it's just not good for us or our checkbook!:) For exercising I have been rotating my workouts between different workout dvd's, walking outside in the neighborhood when its nice and not too cold, and then going to the gym. I absolutely LOVE the Leslie Sansone walking dvd's, so I switch back and forth between the two I have. Then I have the basic Tae Bo workout dvd..which is cheesy but definitely a great workout. At the gym I love to just walk on the treadmill at a power walk pace and do some strength training. They even have tv's on every machine so you can watch whatever you want...kinda cool. I've also enjoyed walking in the neighborhood recently. The weather hasn't been terribly cold, so I get the kids in the jogger stroller and go.

I am really looking forward to the next four months and being able to see how much further I progress. This surgery is saving my life and I am so grateful I made the choice to have it. I know that I CAN accomplish my goal weight! Thank you again to all of my family and friends for the love and support you have given me as I continue on my journey!

Here's my 4 month post-op pictures I took today...

184.6lbs.



2 comments:

  1. My sister you are looking awesome. Keep up the great work. Love Ya. Go Girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking AMAZING!!!! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!