On Saturday evening we were able to go out to a local Chinese Buffet restaurant with family to celebrate Jason's parents 40th Wedding Anniversary. As much as I absolutely LOVE Chinese food and would have loved to eaten the food that was there I decided it would be best not too as I didn't know how it was prepared. I find it funny how looking at the food didn't interest me at all...but smelling the food did make things a little hard. I just drank my water and enjoyed the atmosphere...definitely a new thing for me, and I actually had a great time!
Towards the end of the dinner they brought everyone fortune cookies. I opened mine up and thought the message mine held was very appropriate for what I am going through in my life right now: "Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain." Lacking courage has definitely held me back from numerous things in my life...one of them being weight loss. I've always had the mindset that "I'm going to fail so why try" type of attitude when it came to weight loss hence the reason I stayed obese for so long. But not anymore. I DO have the courage to move forward...and although the outcome was uncertain before I had my surgery, it isn't now. I am going to succeed, and I am going to become the healthy, happy person I've always wanted to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!