"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Saturday, May 28, 2011

8 Months Post-Op

Well today I did something I never thought I could ever accomplish...I ran my first 5k!!! I ran it in 44 minutes and I wasn't last!lol I was very humbled today after I finished my race...8 months ago today I weighed 254lbs. and doing something like this was the furthest thing on my mind. It's amazing how being down 95lbs. and 54 1/4inches can feel! I have my life back and this is just the beginning for me...

This last month has been a bit rough. I've just had a lot going on and I haven't handled my diet and exercise very well. I officially started school mid May and that has kind of turned my world a little crazy. It's a bit hard juggling my family, school, my home (I so need a housekeeper!lol) etc...but I'm slowly getting a routine down so there is hope!

Today I got back on track...and I plan to stay on track. Losing these last 34lbs. is probably going to be the hardest to lose...but I will get them off! I am adamant about reaching my goal weight by the time I hit my 1 year surgiversary! I know that these life stresses will and can always come up throughout my life...so if I learn to tackle them now, it'll only be easier to tackle them later on in my life.

Life is great though and I am very blessed! I feel amazing and am so grateful I made the choice to get my life back with having gastric bypass. There isn't a day that goes by that I regret having my surgery. What I love most is seeing how the changes I've made for myself have impacted my family. Everyone is striving to make better choices for food, and we are all way more active then we have ever been.

A BIG thank you to you all for all of the love and support I continue to receive as I go along my journey...it means the world to me!! Till next month...

159lbs.

almost done with my first 5k!

I finished my first 5k in 44 minutes...and I wasn't last!lol

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration! Keep it up Alyson you can do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Job SIS. I'm so proud of you for doing your first 5K. Next time I'll have to come along and do one with you. Your doing such as awesome job each and everyday. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.
    Love ya Lots
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!