"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts...

This Thanksgiving I cooked all of the annual fixings...turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce and rolls. I skipped on making homemade pie's this year and just bought 2 slices of Pecan Pie for Jason and a Pumpkin Pie for us girls. All of my kids, hubby and sister (sorry Amy you caught the nasty bug that decided to stop and stay at our house while you were here visiting) were sick with the flu just days before turkey day which was awful! Then to top things off I ended up getting a cold, woohoo!lol So in making my feast, and trying to make sure everything was properly seasoned was a bit of a pain...but it all worked out and everyone is on the mend, fingers crossed!lol I really thought it was going to be hard not being able to eat like I would've normally eaten in years past on Thanksgiving. Surprisingly I was content with my own fixings...a little turkey, gravy, and green beans with a little bite of pumpkin pie minus the crust. It's amazing how food doesn't mean the same to me anymore. I truly am eating just to live each day of my life.


So Thanksgiving has come and gone and I still find myself thinking about all of my many blessings. I am forever grateful that I made the decision to have gastric bypass. Though its been a huge adjustment, and definitely hard at times, I know that it is one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. I am so grateful for my wonderful surgeon, Dr. Smith, and all of the staff at RMAP. It comforts me to know that I have such a huge support system at home and at RMAP. I am grateful for my amazing husband who has stood by me and supported me every step of the way through this process...even when I'm grouchy!lol I am grateful for my 3 beautiful daughters. They bring so much joy to my life and can definitely put a smile on my face at anytime! Thank you also to my many family and friends for all of your love and support...without you all I wouldn't have been able to do this on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!