"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
~Arnold H. Glasgow



Thursday, December 30, 2010

3 Months Post Op!!!

I can't believe it's already been 3 months since I had my surgery! This past month has been especially hard since the holidays were here. As much as I love to receive homemade goodies, it just wasn't the same for me this year. It wasn't the same for me mainly because I couldn't gobble them up like in years past. Which I'm grateful for because there were some things brought over that smelled heavenly!lol My weight loss stalled for a couple weeks...never gaining thankfully, just never losing either. I did horrible with my water in-take and vitamins and I wasn't very diligent with exercising as it got closer to Christmas. It was just a hard few weeks.


This last week though the scale moved and I am finally under 200 pounds! On my 3 month mark I hit 198lbs and I was thrilled! During one of my therapy sessions my therapist encouraged me to 1. reward myself with something positive when I reach certain goals or milestones and 2. to find something that I enjoy doing but also something that can keep me occupied during my down times when the kids are napping or are asleep at night. So, I've decided that when I reach certain goals or milestones 
I'm going to pamper myself. Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive...I just want to do something for myself that I normally wouldn't do because I do indeed deserve it. I've also decided to get back into scrap booking. I loved doing it years ago before Kaci was born but haven't done it since then because it's hard finding time when I've got 3 kids 5yrs and under. Between that, exercising more and taking care of the kids I'll definitely stay busy which is exactly what I'm looking for. The less time I have on my hands the better! 


I am very excited to start a New Year! I am truly grateful for what this past year has taught me and for the experiences I've had because it's made me the person I am today. But I've decided to commit myself even more than I already have currently, and am determined to make 2011 my year! This weight is definitely coming off for good! 


Here's a list of things or goals I'd like to experience and/or accomplish during the New Year....
  • Making sure I'm eating right, getting my daily water in-take and vitamins in and lots of exercise!
  • Rewarding myself with positive things when I reach certain goals or milestones
  • Reach my goal weight by my 1 year anniversary of my surgery
  • Being more active with my family- ie: going on hikes, walks, park days etc... 
  • Run a 5K
  • Doing more things that can help me grow closer to my Heavenly Father
  • Attending the temple more often
  • Making sure we have weekly FHE
  • Becoming a better Visiting Teacher
  • Take a college class or two
  • Finish a scrapbook or two
  • More date nights with my hubby!
  • Take a kid less weekend trip with my hubby
  • Daddy/Mommy dates with our older girls individually 
  • Read at least 4 books
  • Keep my family blog updated
  • Do fun things with my kids...especially during the summer months when school is out
  • Create a chore chart for myself to stay on top of my chores
  • Create a chore chart for my older girls...they love helping around the house, why not give them chores!lol
  • Learn how to crochet
  • Getting my dental work done...I have to be put out thus the reason its been put off!lol
  • Making a better effort to put myself together each day...hair and makeup just aren't for church!lol
  • Give more and take less...paying it forward because I HAVE been given sooo much!


3 Months Post Op
198lbs

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Mama - love your goals, everytime I see things like this about you or whatever, it reminds me why we are friends...VERY similar goals! (Except crochet - no thank you!!!). I'm kicking my ass back into gear on Monday - so let's get motivated together again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your love and support mean so much to me!